Only 2 boats from Castle Cove made it across to Cherbourg for last weekend's celebrations - making a total of two from all the clubs in Weymouth. Meanwhile Newbury Sailing Club (yes that Newbury, the one on the canal in Berkshire) managed 5 boats! So here's what you missed...
- The new facilities are fabulous
- The free berthing was very welcome
- The free smoked mackerel and gallons of free wine for lunch was lovely
- The free music and various mini festivals including french baking demonstrations (with free croissants and pastries) was super
- The free guided tour of the Cherbourg was a real eye opener - there's so much more to see and do than you would ever believe (even on a Sunday)
- The free 4 course evening meal at L'Armoire à Délices (next to the marina office) was utterly superb.
- If we'd had to pay for everything it still would have been fabulous